On September 24 at Ferdinand’s Ice Cream Shoppe on the WSU campus, visitors were drawn into a juxtaposed environment of old and new. They came to celebrate 65 years of delicious dairy treats in an updated retail space.
The popular eatery was festively decorated for a birthday party and had vintage music playing from when its doors originally opened in 1948. Construction to enclose the former outside patio started on February 25, and the last details were completed as university classes began in August. The remodel has improved customer flow and streamlined operations.
Beginning at Troy Hall in 1948, shifting to its current location in 1992, and now with more room to better serve its fans, Ferdinand’s is still one of WSU’s most desired destinations for young and old alike.
– by Angela Lenssen